The application process for non-immigrant students varies a bit from the traditional domestic student. In order to be accepted to Tuner School, prospective international students must complete all of the required admissions procedures. Once we have received all of the proper documentation, Tuner School will review your application and send a response regarding acceptance. NOTE: It is your responsibility to track what documentation has been sent to Tuner School. If you are accepted, Tuner School will issue a letter of acceptance, as well as the Certificate of Eligibility (form I-20). International enrollment is limited to five students per term, so apply early to secure your spot. Tuner School students are enrolled on a first come, first served basis!
International Tuition & Fees Info
Lab fee: $75
Application fee: $100
ALL documents for admission must be received by the following dates for each term:
Spring – September 1
Summer – February 1
Fall – July 1
The Application Process
1. Click here to apply. You will need to send a copy of your passport photo page, copies of any existing visas, a copy of your valid driver’s license, and a $100* application fee. If you are unable to upload the files and make the payment online, please send them by postal mail to the following address:
Tuner School, LLC
M1 Application Processing
9281 SW I-10 Frontage Road
Sealy, TX 77474 USA
2. Click the following link to find a location close to you and register to take the TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT): http://www.ets.org/toefl
This is an English language proficiency exam. Complete this exam early in the application process, as there are limited dates for which prospective students may register to take this exam. Submit your scores to Tuner School, LLC. Your score must meet the following school standards in order to be accepted:
Total minimum score is 80
Reading – 20
Writing – 20
Listening – 20
Speaking – 20
- All previous academic records you are submitting MUSTbe sent to Tuner School through the link below. Failure to do so will result in the rejection of your application. Click the following link and follow the directions: http://www.tunerschool.sdr.credentialconnection.com
(NOTE: You are responsible for all postage and fees associated with submitting your transcripts to SDR Educational Consultants.)
- You must submit documentation verifying your ability to pay your tuition and financially support yourself and any dependents accompanying you, without working, while attending Tuner School. This must be in the form of a notarized bank statement from the past 60 days or official tax documents showing amounts in USD. If you are not personally paying for Tuner School but are being sponsored by an individual such as a relative or a friend, you must have that individual complete Form I-34, Affidavit of Support (click to download)and submit it to Tuner School at the mailing address listed above.
5. If you are accepted, you will be issued your acceptance letter along with your I-20. At this point you will need to click the following link to submit your I-901 fee: https://www.fmjfee.com/
6. Click the following link to fill out your visa application: Form DS-160 (click to fill out and submit; print a copy for your records)
7. Once you have received your acceptance letter, your I-20, and receipt of payment for your I-901 fee you will proceed to your closest U.S. Embassy or consulate (find it here – http://usembassy.state.gov) with the following documents for your visa interview:
- Tuner School, LLC acceptance letter
- I-20 (yours and one for each person entering the country as an M2 dependent child or spouse)
- Form DS-160
- Visa application fee receipt
- I-901 receipt
- Form I-34 Affidavit of Support, notarized bank statements or official tax documents to verify that you are able to pay the tuition and financially support yourself and any dependents while studying in the U.S. without working
- Passport valid for at least six months after proposed entry date into the U.S.
- One 2”x2” photograph
- Transcripts/diplomas from previous schools
8. Upon receipt of your visa, you must bring all above mentioned documents with you while travelling to the U.S. point of entry. Present all documents at the point of entry and request entry to the U.S.**
Entering the United States
Upon entry into the U.S., come to Sealy, TX and settle in as soon as possible. Check in with the Designated School Official on day one of class with Tuner School, LLC immediately upon arrival.
Edgewood Apartments in Sealy, TX are located about 8 minutes from our facility and offer a discount to Tuner School students. If you would like to get in touch with them, call 979.885.7173. Tell them you are applying for Tuner School and would like some information about their monthly rent costs.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about the process.
*All fees mentioned are in U.S. dollar amounts. If you attempt to pay in foreign currency, your application will be rejected.
**As an M1 student you are only permitted to the in the U.S. for the time of your program plus 30 days. You may split those 30 days up before and after our course as you see fit. However, that means if you choose to show up in the U.S. 30 days prior to your class start date, you must depart immediately upon graduation.