Tuner School is the World’s only automotive technical school dedicated to teaching car enthusiasts how to modify and tune cars, sports cars and race cars.
Over the last 10 years, John Hennessey has received thousands of emails from performance enthusiasts from around the world asking the question: Where can I go to learn how to modify cars? And the answer was clear that there just wasn’t a place where people could go and learn the fundamental’s of auto performance modification. Simply put, the people in the industry who knew how to modify cars either taught themselves or learned by working around others who had the know how. The problem with being self taught is that it’s a long and expensive process of trial and error. And for those who learned from others, it took a long time to gain the knowledge and skills.
Fundamental skills taught include:
- Chassis Dyno Operation
- Air/Fuel Calibration
- Turbo Systems
- Supercharger Systems
- Nitrous Systems
- Engine Management Tuning (Primarily HP Tuners)
- Brake Systems
- Suspension Systems
- Vehicle Testing
- Alignments & Corner Weighting
- Safety Equipment
- Fuel Systems
- Cylinder Heads, Cams & Valvetrain
- Manual Transmissions
- Auto Transmissions
- Speed Measurements / Telemetry
- Racer Math
- Basic Fabrication
- Exhaust & Header Systems
- Tools & Equipment
- Parts & Vendors
- Engine Dyno
Our mission is to teach students how to make fast cars faster while instilling a strong sense of hard work, good character and basic business understanding.
- Class size is limited to just 20 students.
- The 100 and 200 programs are 14-weeks long and consist of combined classroom, workshop and race track instruction and hands-on experience.
- Classes are held Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 11:30 am and from 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
Programs consist of Combined Classroom, workshop, and Race Track Learning. Classes are not held on weekends or on major holidays. Also, all students will have free access to any public event at Lonestar Motorsports Park. This includes free track time during regular events.